Friday, March 2, 2012

MARCH!!!

OH YES!!!  MARCH IS HERE!!!

I couldn't wait to turn the calendar page over to March!  That means only a few more weeks left of winter and then Spring is here! 

I took a walk around the house this morning because when I looked out the front bay window in our living room, I saw the first robin!  I got excited and went for my camera!!!  It flew away till I got back but I did see some Spring growth coming through the dirt!!
(I want to post some pics but my hubby took the camera for today!)

I know ... it is still Winter for now.  Our mild weather is really giving me Spring fever early!  I already cleaned out some closets and drawers as a start to my house cleaning for this Spring!  I have a very STRONG urge to get the house "more organized" and "cleaned out"!  There are those certain closets or drawers (I sure hope I am not the only one that has these!!!) that you just dread to open because of the mess.  I have got to get more simple with our things and be a bit more organized!!!  I was even searching the web for some organizing tips.  Pretty cool what some people use to organize and not spend a dime!  I do want to take a trip to Ikea soon though because I need some bins, shelving, Hadassah needs some bedroom furniture, etc..  My cleaning urge is going to be put on hold for the weekend and then in full blast mid week next week.  We are getting new flooring in the house on Monday and so after the old gets ripped out and the new put in, it will be dirty and in need of a good clean!!!  Upgrading and making things look nicer is always a good thing for me, even if it means moving the whole house all around to get some new carpet and flooring! 

I love to yard sale (and it being March now means my yard saleing will begin shortly!!!), but I hate to have a yard sale myself!  Does that make any sense?  Yeah sure, the money for your junk (my junk might be someone else's treasure!!!) or unwanted items is great, but I just hate storing my stuff in boxes somewhere till I get it all displayed in someones front lawn.  Then yet sit there and wait for people to come and buy.  I would just much rather, throw my garage sale things in a box and the same day take it to a Goodwill or to some reuse it store!  However, I am gathering a collection of things already, and if I get enough, I might consider having a table of goodies up for sale???? 

March also means cleaning up outside.  I tell you what ... my weeds are growing and that is no fun!!!  I have always had an over abundance of weeds at this place (probably because we don't have a lot of shrubs to keep them the weeds down).  Pulling weeds was never a job I like!  I am going to make it a project for the kids and I this summer and work at it together!

March is the time to plant some pansies and primroses!!!  I absolutely love greenhouses and I can't wait to go take my tours!!!  I go from one greenhouse to the next.  Not even always to buy but just to look at the varieties and prices and if nothing else ... to see REAL LIFE!!!  It is so refreshing to go into a greenhouse full of growing flowers, beauty, and herbs!  It's a wonderful up lifter after a long winter!  Oh, I can't wait!!!!

So I hope you find March a thrilling joy for yourself!  (Oh yeah, it's also our babies first birthday!!!  Seriously!  I can't believe it's been almost a year that she's been living in our lives!!!  God is good!!!)

Quote:

"The March wind roars like a lion in the sky, and makes us shiver as he passes by. 
When the winds are soft and the days are warm and clear,
Just like a gentle lamb, then Spring is here."