Monday, March 26, 2012

Unseasonably Warm!!!

It's been unseasonably warm this past week ... but that's OK.  We have enjoyed every bit of it!

The kids had no school on Friday because of a teacher's in service day.  That was great because it was the warmest day of the week ... reaching almost 80 degree's!  Crazy for March here!  Matthew was up bright and early.  I asked him why he didn't sleep in if he didn't have school?  He wasn't sure?!  After he ate cereal, I seen him go back into his room.  I peeked in a little while later and asked what he was doing?  Then I saw him in his bed, covers up to his chin, and snoring.  He was totally sacked out!  I guess he figured he wanted to sleep in after all!  He slept till 10:30 AM!  Oh, how those days are over for this mom!  Mike had to chuckle when I texted him about this.  He claims I like to sleep and could pretty much all the time if my life would allow it that way.  Honestly, I do like my sleep but even if I had an option to sleep till 10:30 in the morning, I was choose not to!  I think that's a good thing???

My twin nieces came in the morning and Hadassah and Ashlyn liked that!  More playmates!  Then Mike's mom came and we edged around the whole house!  It was so warm and beautiful outside!  Working was a delight!  Thanks mom for the hard work!  It looks great! 

I still have plenty of weeds to pull out back, but around the house is ready for some mulch.  That will wait just a bit yet!  I mowed the lawn again too and it's looking really nice and green!

Speaking of our lawn, the boys have been playing baseball every night possible!  Mike pitches over hand to Matthew and he swings hard and watches it fly in the air!  They use the wheel barrel for their back stop.  It's great time together! 



Hadassah and Matthew are also doing a lot of rollerblading.  They are sharing Mike's big pair because they like his the best!  It's such a blast to see them play in the warm outdoors and see all their creativity!  The sidewalk chalk has been used to make roads and houses!  The bikes are being ridden!  The sport balls and gloves are left laying in the yard at times!  The swings are back into motion!  When Matthew went for a haircut, the hairdresser asked if he had had Rita's Italian Ice?  Yepper!  That sweet ice stain on his upper lip was a dead give away!  My runs are going great!  My farthest was 3.5 miles!!!  Mike's got his golf clubs swinging.  Even though his score was not his best, he enjoyed his game!  It's all called SPRING!!!  Oh, I love the Spring weather!


Ashlyn loves it outside too and because of it being so warm, she got to enjoy it too!  Hadassah gave her a couple scooter rides and trike rides already!  She enjoyed the wheel barrel ride from daddy the other night too! 


We even got to have our first family smore roast last Friday evening!  Spring is here and we are loving it!