Wednesday, March 28, 2012

Auctions and Life ...

What a last couple of days!!! Sometimes too busy!

Auctions are where you would have found us the past two nights.  Good auctions.  I like them!  On Monday, we helped with an auction to raise some funds for medical needs for a friend.  It involved lots of food and then an auction in the evening.  It was fun to be with friends that we don't get to see real often!  We bought a ticket for some girls to help mulch!  This is going to be interesting and fun!

Last night, we had another auction.  This one was to raise funds for our church missions fund.  More wonderful food and lots of chatter and fun!  I came home last night exhausted.  The kids were dirty.  Ashlyn was so tired and ready for her bed!  As I tucked everyone under their covers, I said a prayer of thankfulness.  I love my family and even on busy evenings, I am grateful for each one of them!

.....
Today.  It's chilly and overcast.  The weather is saying warmer and sunny by late afternoon.?.  I am enjoying my day here at home. 

This week is Ashlyn's first birthday.  I kept thinking the past few days of how it was a year ago.  I was so pregnant!  Counting down the days before meeting our baby!  Anticipation about the upcoming c-section.  So ready to hold and cuddle with baby boy or girl?

Now, here it is already.  One year later! 

I received this email and I love some of the quotes!  It reads:  "Congratulations!  It's your baby's birthday, and as the mama of your baby, it's yours too.  Twelve months ago you and your little bundle were strangers - now you're inseparable.  Sweet!

In the past year you've changed at least 3,000 diapers, lost about 350 hours of sleep and wondered whether to call the doc 9 times, wondered how you lived without your bundle almost every day and wished you had five minutes to yourself almost as often."

So true!  I many times try to think back before Ashlyn entered our lives.  It's strange.  I can't remember how it used to be!  It always seems like she's been with us!  I would so never want life without her!  We love her so much and she's pure joy in our family!

I am still trying to come up with some photo ideas.  She at such a cute stage in her life and to document it through pictures is my dream!  Hopefully, I will get this accomplished next week!

But, for today, here she is.  Our sweet princess!  Almost one year old!!!