Tuesday, May 1, 2012

May 1st!!!

I love, love the month of May!  Not just because it's the month for Mother's Day and the month of my birthday, but also because it's just a bit warmer than the month before! 

Every time I turn the calendar page over to another month, I just marvel at how fast time goes.  We have tons of stuff planned for our 2012 May.  It's always a busy month at school with the kids going on field trips.  Track and field day!  Parties.  Programs.  Test's.  Finishing up any school projects and then saying good gye to their school friends for the summer.  Then it's summer vacation!!!

I also love the month of May because it's when the garden foods are ready for eating!  Strawberries are growing and so sweet!  The warmer weather makes my homemade meadow tea taste perfect!  The lawns are that flashy green and very healthy just before the hot of summer!  Oh, and the flowers are gorgeous and I am glad they are all planted!

Yep, I love May!!!

+++++

I have been looking at some new food blogs the last few weeks and it is making me want to bake!!!  I have been leafing through the pages of my favorite recipe books a lot the last few days and I love to try new recipes!  (I know ... running and exercise is a must if I want to try this recipes!)

Yesterday, I was invited to a brunch!  (Thanks beach ladies for hanging out!!!  A total blast!  I love you all!!!)  I made strawberry crepes to take along!  They are easy and delicous!

I also grabbed a bag of home grown rhubarb at the grocery store.  I am now enjoying the smell of a homemade pie this morning right here in my kitchen!  It's a recipe I never tried before, but it smells and looks tasty!  I hope my husband will be brave tonight and try a slice! 



Here's the recipe if you think this looks yummy too!!!

2 cup chopped rhubarb
1 egg, beaten
1 tsp. vanilla
2 Tbs. flour (heaping)
1 1/4 cup sugar
1 tsp. butter, melted

Mix.  Pour filling into a 9" pie shell.  Top with crumbs.

1/3 cup butter, softened
3/4 cup flour
1/2 cup brown sugar (heaping)

Bake at 350 degrees for 1 hour. 

I have not tried this yet, but the smell and looks of it, is making my mouth water!!!

Have a great first day of May!!!
Our forecast for the next few days excites me too!!!