Tuesday, May 15, 2012

"WOW"

OK, so I keep mentioning about the devotional book called, "The Hand That Rocks the Cradle" ... but I do because it is ministering to me so much lately.  I just love it when I find some kind of devotional that really speaks to me for today.  Too often, I find myself just reading something, then reading some scripture, pray and then go throughout my entire day not once thinking about what I had read.  Sure, praying off and on through the day, but if I would stop and try to remember what I read that morning, I would forget.  I like it when I read something, maybe a story, maybe just one verse, or maybe just a simple saying ... but whatever it is, I like when I can at lunch time, late afternoon, or whenever I think about it, be able to remember what I read.

Well, I am reading from two devotionals right now each morning.  Both were gifts to me.  The one from the title above, I thought was fitting with "Mother's Day" just being last weekend.  It was a story about a mom that was feeling down about her daily tasks.  Her work never seemed to end.  Her chores seemed huge for that particular day.  She knew that after she washed all the breakfast dishes, the sink would be filled up again by lunch time.  Her little girl came up to her and asked how to spell the word "MOM".  She wrote it in big letters for her little one and the girl was off to try to write it herself.  A while later she came back with this.  It was a piece of paper that she jotted down "WOW".  She gave it to her MOM with pride of completion written all over her face!  The mom took the piece of paper and was moved with her words. 

She was just reminded of how being a MOM is really a WOW of a job!  She was refreshed and reminded that her "every day tasks" and "the little things she does every single day", really do make her home ... well, her home!!!

So, be encouraged with me this morning Mom's!  We really do have a WOW of a job!  A high calling!  Give it your best and enjoy your day (and chores) with your children!

{{{{{{ }}}}}}

Seriously ... we are entering the toddler stages fast!!!  Actually, I think we did enter them!  She's got this thing about her toes and markers ever since her first dab of nail polish was applied.  She also has a thing about toothbrushes.  She goes into the bathroom and janks open the drawer.  She's not big enough yet to actually look into the drawer, so she goes on tippy toes and reaches in for anything she can find!  She loves toothbrushes. 

The other day I searched high and low for mine and finally found it in the trash can!  It has since been out of her reach!  Hadassah has a search warrant out for hers now!  I think all the toothbrushes will have to go to a higher storage area!  (I will let only hers in the drawer!!!)